My Zimbio

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Beginnings

I've pondered starting a blog for some time now.  My wife and I got to move back home to the great state of TN in January 2012.  It has been three short weeks, but it sure is good to be home.  The thing that I miss about KY though was the opportunity in ministry we had.  We were completely immersed in the ministry that we did with youth, music, and drama at Man O' War Church.  


When you really get into ministry you think, "Man, what was I thinking?"  You are constantly on the go.  There is always some activity to do, some event to plan, something to prepare for always.  You get to the point where you run yourself today and sometimes wonder why.


When we got back to TN it was like a welcome vacation.  We knew that we didn't have to get up at 7am to get ready and be at church on Sundays.  We knew that we didn't have to rush every Wednesday night to get to church.  We knew that the required preparation that constantly came was not required.  It was like, yes, a break!


One week in to it and we both became miserable.  We realized that we want to be used.  It's what we were made to do.  Not just us as in me and my wife, but us as you reading this too.  (if any of you are reading it that is.)  


Now I'm not the best person in the world and I refuse to say I am perfect.  I struggle daily like everyone.  I carry my cross everyday.  I repent daily and still continue to fall.  It is the human condition, but that doesn't stop me from continuing to run the race.


A verse that I found (and I say found because I am young and still have to search) in Proverbs reminds what to do.  Proverbs 4:25-27  "Let your eyes look directly forward, and your gaze be straight before you.  Ponder the path of your feet; then all your ways will be sure.  Do not swerve to the right or to the left; turn your foot away from evil."


This is where it gets tough for me.  I had been pushed out of my comfort zone to a point I never imagined I was capable of being at.  I want to look back at what God has done through me in the past year but it is about moving forward.  We must do as this verse in Proverbs says.  We have to look forward.  Remember where you came from, but look forward.  


A lot of people miss blessings and opportunities by simply looking backwards at what was when it is time to look forward to the now and the future.  


If you read this, if anyone reads this, just remember that the future is where the harvest is at.  The future is where your opportunity is at.  The future is where God will use you so leave the past behind.  


Move Forward.

2 comments:

  1. I have to say that's probably what we miss the most too. Church, and our kids from our Wednesday night class. I can't wait to find a new place to get involved and start doing what I know I should be doing. BTW, good reflection - it's nice to be able to look objectively at your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful piece to read! I can't even begin to tell you how proud we are of you and Megan and it's so great to be able to read your thoughts and recognize all over again how blessed we are that you are a part of our family. God is using you both for His glory and you may never know how far reaching your influence will be. I love you both. :)

    ReplyDelete