My Zimbio

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Frustration

As I sit here at work I can't get the thought out of my head about this young lady that took her life yesterday.  I didn't know her from Adam, yet it still almost tortures me. 

Is it because she went to the same high school I did? Doubtful.

Is it because it was a place I knew? Doubful. 

Is it because I am 100 percent enraged?  Probably.

This incident has no personal touch on my life.  I'll find out more from the news coverage than I will anything else.  The thing that absolutely destroys me are the lies.

No, I'm not calling people out who start rumor mills.  I mean the lies from Hell.  We sit back and play games with our lives, me included, and joke about this and that when lies are flooding in everywhere.  We have got to stop kidding ourselves. 

"Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour." 1 Peter 5:8.

Yes, this is touchy stuff but it is true.  The devil doesn't care. 

(On a side note I tell you what I find funny.  Thinking of Harry Potter, our society is like everyone in most of the HP books.  Everyone knows that there is an evil lurking out there, but no one wants to call it by name.  We have got to stop playing games with the devil and thinking about the horns, tail, and a pitchfork.  Those are all lies.  The devil is cunning and is seeking to devour and we have to stop giving his name power when we know the name of He who created all things.)

"For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:38-39.

What can separate us from us from the love of Christ?  Nothing.  We have to be aware of that.  With that we also have to realize that we are human and we screw up.  Plain and simple.  That's why we need to look out for our friend, our loved one, our spouse, our pastor.  We have to lift people up when they can't lift on their own, even when they look like they don't need a lift. 

I feel as though this doesn't even scratch the surface of how I feel right now.  Maybe I'm getting older and I realize I'm not invincible anymore.  Maybe I'm realizing that though things look simple they aren't.  Maybe I'm realizing that Hell is fighting with force.  Satan won't play fair, so we shouldn't hold any punches on him.  We have to be constantly ready.  We have no time to waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment