My Zimbio

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

God's Gift

This morning I am in awe of God's grace.

You know we, as a church, talk about grace a lot.  We sing your grace is enough.  We speak of how if it were not for grace where would we be today.

Grace is powerful.  I felt the power of grace like never before yesterday and this morning.  It overwhelmed me.

From reading multiple definitions, what I find is that grace is unmerited mercy that God shows to all through sending His son to die on a cross so that we may have salvation.

See that unmerited?  We don't deserve it.  We can't claim it as ours.  It is a gift that is given out of the truest love that any will ever know.

I don't know a whole lot.  What I do know is that God's grace is always working.

A grace that redeems us from our sinful nature.  We conquer that sinful nature by His grace and "by the blood of the Lamb and the word of our testimony".  (Rev. 12)

I know this is not some marvelous new idea.  It doesn't matter though. God is God.  WE ARE NOT.

Are you thankful for the grace that entered your life?  Have you shared with someone the story of how grace has worked in your life?

Feel free to share in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment