My Zimbio

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Jesus

I have to brag just a bit.  The youth group my wife and I work with has a youth led band with tremendous potential.  I work with them a little bit.  I'm more of a moral support person.  I like to call myself a funnel.  They have the ingredients to go in the engine, they just weren't getting all in the same spot.  The youth pastor likes to refer to me as a spoke on a wheel.  A wheel needs all it's spokes to be balanced and work right.  Either way, funnel or spoke, I try to help a bit.

Before their first major practice with me I have to admit I was nervous.  Would everyone buy in?  Would everyone be on the same page?  How will they respond to a fat redneck giving suggestions?  You know.  The norm.

I watched as with very little guidance at all, they took a song called "Jesus be the Center" and absolutely made it theirs.  They didn't do it the way it was written exactly.  THEY did it.  It was so impressive.  Even in that practice you could feel the anointing of the words of the song.

We get caught up in our songs and what we are doing.  Our worship should focus completely on worshiping our King.

The song says this simply:

Jesus at the center of it all.  It's all about You.  Nothing else matters.  From my heart to the heavens.  Jesus be the center.

POWERFUL!  That should be our daily prayer.  Jesus from my heart to the heavens, be the center of my world.  It's all about You.  Nothing else matters in my life.  Be the center of it all.

Not only did these students nail this song they absolutely led every student into worship.  I mean you know there is a true spirit of worship.  Heck, even the drummer was worshiping with lifted hands.  When's the last time you saw that?

So take a moment and pray.  Jesus be my center.  Let my world revolve around you.  Listen to the song.  Make it your prayer.  It's all about Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment