My Zimbio

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Price Shopping

My wife and I are moving this weekend and one of the things that comes with moving is buying new services.  Yeah.  

It's probably the thing I hate the most other than changing my address for everything from paychecks to retirement to Burger King's bogo coupons....wait, those are automatic right? 

If you read my post from earlier this week, you know that I have developed a tendency to relate random things to spiritual matters.  It's a gift, or possibly a curse depending on who's taking notes. I like it, but it annoys some people.

See, if you're like me then there is no doubt that you call every internet, satellite, phone, etc. provider to get the best rate.  (You do this even after looking online and seeing that company A charges $25 more than company B. Join the club.)

A lot of people are searching for something that costs this amount or that amount.  They want something that is priceless and they get to looking and realize nothing fulfills their need.

I'm here to tell you that there is one price you will never beat.  That was the price that Christ paid for you and for me on the cross.  This was a price that no one else could pay.  With this price, He set us free.  We were and are healed.  

Cheesy?  Maybe.  Laughing at me? Maybe.  

Think about it though.  Hopefully you have already accepted that He paid the price for you and asked Jesus to come into your life.  Some people haven't.  They are still price shopping for something they don't even know they are shopping for at this moment.  

So if you're like me and get bogged down and just blah about price shopping; drop all of it and remember the true reason we have joy.  It is because of the price He paid.  

If you haven't accepted Jesus as your personal Savior, then you can today.  Just simply ask Him to come to you and wash you of your sins.  We have all been sinners.  Paul said that he was chief among sinners and he ended up writing half the new testament.  Don't let the price Christ paid sit on your family coffee table in the form of a family bible or figuratively let it set on a shelf collecting dust.  

If you confess with your tongue Jesus is Lord and believe with your heart God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.  For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved. Romans 10:9-10

This is random and not how I wanted to end this or even write today, but I feel led to do so.  If you accepted Jesus for the first time, leave a comment or shoot me an email at thomasjustin1023@gmail.com so I can pray for you. 

Remember the price He paid.

Follow me on Twitter @justintho21. Send out via Twitter and Facebook to your friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment